Cabbage Leaf Wraps
Are you eating your veggies but most of the time the same ones? Tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce, peppers and the occasional broccoli perhaps? Variety and rotation is key in a healthy diet, so try these bitter vegetables that have lots of taste once paired with a sweeter sauce. This recipe uses green cabbage leaves as wraps and red cabbage and tofu for filling with a sweeter tasting almond sauce, inspired by Joy McCarthy’s cookbook Joyous Health.
Ingredients for 2 people
1 block organic tofu
½ jar of organic corn
½ washed and grated red cabbage
4 green cabbage leaves
White sesame seeds
Fresh coriander leaves (optional)
Almond Sauce – to be used for more meals.
1 ready to eat avocado
1 clove garlic (minced)
juice of 1 lime
2 tbsp almond or cashew butter
grated ginger (piece as think as your thumb)
1 tbsp. of tamari or gluten-free soy sauce
175 ml of water
- Blend all ingredients for the sauce in a blender.
- Wash the green cabbage leaves properly and steam lightly for 3 min. Rinse under cold water and place on a clean cloth or tea towel.
- Grate the washed red cabbage in a food processor.
- Heat some oil in a pan and prepare tofu according to package
- Place green cabbage leaves on a plate and add all the remaining ingredients.