Are you eating your veggies but most of the time the same ones? Tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce, peppers and the occasional broccoli perhaps? Variety and rotation is key in a healthy diet, so try these bitter vegetables that have lots of taste once paired with a sweeter sauce. This recipe uses green cabbage leaves as wraps and red cabbage and tofu for filling with a sweeter tasting almond sauce, inspired by Joy McCarthy’s cookbook Joyous Health.
Ingredients for 2 people
1 block organic tofu
½ jar of organic corn
½ washed and grated red cabbage
4 green cabbage leaves
White sesame seeds
Fresh coriander leaves (optional)
Almond Sauce – to be used for more meals.
1 ready to eat avocado
1 clove garlic (minced)
juice of 1 lime
2 tbsp almond or cashew butter
grated ginger (piece as think as your thumb)
1 tbsp. of tamari or gluten-free soy sauce
175 ml of water
- Blend all ingredients for the sauce in a blender.
- Wash the green cabbage leaves properly and steam lightly for 3 min. Rinse under cold water and place on a clean cloth or tea towel.
- Grate the washed red cabbage in a food processor.
- Heat some oil in a pan and prepare tofu according to package
- Place green cabbage leaves on a plate and add all the remaining ingredients.